Monday, June 27, 2011

Its been a few days..


So what have I been up to? Well, I have a friend here from Oceanside, CA visiting me for 2 weeks :) Her husband is currently in Afghanistan so we decided it'd be a good idea for her to come up here and get away from those crazy Marine Wives and cross into a different breed and give her a taste of what a TACP wife has to offer. Also it gives us an excuse to weep in each other's sorrows! LOL I took her to Seattle and she got to experience Pike's Place Market! (One of mine and The Hubster's favorite places) She absolutely LOVED it and it gave me an excuse to go up there and enjoy what that crazy city has to offer once again.

We got to go to the Aquarium and see the Sea Otters and the Seals and all kinds of cool things! I cant wait till I get to take The Hubster. He has never been and maybe that can be on our to do list when he comes home for mid-tour :) Being in Seattle gives me goosebumps. Its so amazing there. The people are interesting and there is just so much to see. The Hubster took me on the "underground" tour before he left. It basically was a tour to show us the old Seattle that burnt down many years ago. If you are ever in Seattle and have not gone on that tour, please do so. There is so many interesting things to see and so many new facts you learn about that amazing city!

Today we took Princess Kiowa to the park and then she got into the sound all by herself! For those who don't know what the sound is, its the inlet for the ocean :) Its beautiful and I love going there to just get away and Im glad I can take my puppy there and see her play and just have so much fun! She deserves to be spoiled and have fun everyday for the rest of her life. Im so proud of her how far she has come along!

A few days ago, I took Mal to Pho. She had never tried it before in her life and she absolutely LOVED IT! Pho is basically a Vietnamese noodle soup. They pour hot broth over rice noodles and you can have any kind of meat or veggies along with it. The Hubster, myself and Mal chose chicken. Its pretty bomb.com if I do say so myself! Its super healthy for you as well. We also went and saw the Hangover II. I highly recommend for all of you to see it if you haven't already. HILARIOUS! I got creative with my hair that night as well. I decided I was going to make a braided headband out of my OWN HAIR! Thats right.. I used my mane for a good cause. It was pretty easy to do! There are a few tutorials on YouTube incase your interested in doing it to your own locks :)

Well, thats all that I have been up to aside from waiting for the most handsome man alive like always :) It may be a few more days until I blog again! Mal leaves Friday back to Oceanside then so Im gonna try and make the most of what time I have with this crazy girl :) Below are some photos from this past week! Enjoy!



Princess Kiowa

Mal with her first bowl of Pho!

Mal with one of the flower bouquet's at Pikes.

Pike's Place

Me and my braided headband :)



1 comment: