Monday, June 20, 2011

Our puppy (:

So I state in my about me that I have a 10 month old German Shepherd, Kiowa. Well, I do! She is my everything basically. I love this puppy so much! The Hubster and I knew we wanted a German Shepherd, just didn't know when and how we were gonna get one. We both knew we wanted a girl too and we wanted to try and find a sable one. I never thought about getting a rescue until I saw a few people have rescues and have successful stories! I thought to myself "Maybe starting off with a rescue wouldn't be a bad idea!" I also thought giving a puppy that needed a home, would be a terrific idea! So I started my search and I found this bi-colored 7 month old pup that needed a forever home. When I got there to take a look at her, she was nothing but skin and bones. She didn't wanna have ANYTHING to do with me. She barked and was so skiddish.

Poor baby was just so AWFUL looking. I knew I had to get her out of there.. so I got her not even having a kennel or a food bowl for her to come home to. I took her to the vet after a few days of having her and we found out she had a horrific case of round worms and severe dehydration. I was just completely distraught. I knew a rescue was work but holy crap! We got her her medicine and I nursed her back to health. She is one amazing pup thats for sure! She learned how to sit within 2 days, learned how to shake in 2 hours, learned how to play fetch within 4 days and we are still working with her on the command to stay. I am so blessed to have such an AWESOME dog who is way protective over me. The Hubster hasn't had a chance to meet her yet, but he talks to her over Skype and he really can't wait to meet her! Everyone loves her and she's pretty much a BAD ASS!

Kiowa-10 months


This picture basically says it all! I just thought I'd take the time to tell ya a little bit about our puppy that everyone loves :)
-Cori



3 comments:

  1. She's adorable! Go you for rescuing! It can be trying but it's so worth it when you know that you saved that precious puppy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww i wanna meet this bundle of joy! i just love doggies so much, and i'm so happy that you got a rescue, that's where all my pups are from. <3

    ReplyDelete